Training is vital for the effective use of any software. Properly trained users will have increased productivity and will gain greater confidence with the software. It is a worthwhile investment to train new users to overcome their initial hesitancy and existing users to increase their depth of knowledge.
Who is it for?
Our Essentials course has been designed by experts for anyone new to ARCHICAD. No matter what background you are coming from ARCHICAD Essentials Training gives you the confidence to work on projects immediately upon your return to the office.
This course introduces you to the principles of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and shows you positive and productive ways of using ARCHICAD. It will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to use the program quickly and effectively. The course includes a mixture of instruction, exercises, discussions and assessments to help trainees understand BIM and develop skills in ARCHICAD.
The objectives of the course are to ensure trainees understand:
15 hours (5 sessions)
- Introduction to BIM – Explaining the background and principles of BIM.
- ARCHICAD Theory – Principles of ARCHICAD and working methods.
- ARCHICAD workspace – Palettes and tool-bars, origin, scale, preferences.
- Project Setup – Stories, Layers, file types, autosave function.
- Attributes – Creating attributes, Building Materials, Composites and Surfaces.
- Element placement and selection – Walls, slabs, windows, doors.
- Element settings and editing – Walls, slabs, windows, doors.
- Roof Tool – Different methods of roof creation and editing.
- Navigator – Explanation of Project map, View map, Layout Book and Publisher sets.
- Views – understanding all the stored settings for views Sections and Elevations – Setting up viewpoint and controls.
- Grid Tool – configuring grids and settings for different views.
- Details – Detail Markers and links to model.
- Level of Detail control in model Dimensioning – Dimension chains and model associativity.
- Stairs – Choosing and configuring Stair Objects and bespoke stairs.
- Meshes – Methods for creating meshes, gravity.
- External Content – bringing data from external sources into ARCHICAD